On Feb 25th, 2014, Microsoft finally released the long awaited SP1 for SharePoint and Office 2013. Service Pack 1 (15.0.4569.1506) is a very important update for SharePoint 2013 as it rolls up all of the cumulative updates thus far plus some very big platform updates such as:
- Support for Windows 2012 R2 Server
- A re-branding and re-tooling of SkyDrive and SkyDrive Pro to OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
- Internet Explorer 11 Compatibility Fixes
- More support for Touch devices
- Additional app-model API capabilities
- PowerMap for Excel
- Ability to configure Yammer and OneDrive and how they display on the SuiteBar
SP1 will be available through Microsoft Updates very soon but if you are eager, you can download them directly via the following links:
SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 (KB 2817429)
SharePoint Designer 2013 SP1 (KB 2817441)
Office Web Apps Server 2013 SP1 (KB 2817431)
Office 2013 SP1 (KB 2817430)
For the full list of downloads, changes and capabilties, refer to the this Office Updates blog post.